Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another funny Day Off

Finally my day off. Woke up about 11 plus and was late for a meet up with Pei See. We were supposed to meet up at 12 at Plaza Singapura to have lunch and buy things from Daiso. Quite funny hor ... meeting PS at PS. Met at 1230 and had lunch at Ichiban Sushi. The sushi there is still as good and affordable. Sakae sushi will no longer be my priority for japanese food.

After lunch, went to Daiso to search for some utensils for the restaurant. Bought all the buffet tong underliner that they have. Heavy sia!!!! Then head down to Oscars to put the heavy stuffs away.

Went to Raffles Hospital later to have my chest x-ray done for my employment pass. Supposed to meet the indonesian trainee after that, but they fly my aeroplane. Sianzzzzzz .... Happen to bumped into the Oscars chef, so had 'teh bing' session with them. Left about 6pm and meet up with Carol for dinner @ Fei Chui La Mian Xiao Long Bau restaurant @ Great World City. Was quite sceptical about the whole idea, but it turns out to be a great experience. The food and service was great. Affordable as well. Here are some of the food we had. Its a must try for food lovers.


My first dish, shallot oil with freshly made la mian ... simple but super delicious!

Fried Dumpling with ginger and vinegar dip, not my favourite though.

This dish is soooo unique, Salted Egg Yolk coated Nian Gao, OMG ... i would have never thought this combination would work, but it turns out to be so nice. Its not so saltish but it is saltish enough to make me eat piece after piece.

This is the Shark Bone Soup with Wanton and Chicken, soup is so flavourful, 5 pieces of wanton which is generously filled with meat and include a whole chicken drumstick, all this for the price of only $15.80. Great for 3 person to share. Will defintely have this again in my next visit.

With that, basically sums up my whole day of good food and wonderful day even though had been fang fei ji-ed. Hahahah

2 comments:

ah fun said...

i had sakae sushi for lunch at MS today.. wasnt too bad. =)

Edz GorGor said...

Once u tried the ichiban sushi, u will totally forgot about sakae. Trust me!