Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Great Loss

Today was my buddy's last day at work. Its been almost 2 years (634 days to be exact) that we had known each other. Time really flies!!! There are of course good and bad times within this period of time, of course I will cherish every moment of it.

He had been an extremely good colleague as well as a friend. Still remember the first day that I rejoined Oscars. I was attached to him at the runner station. No doubt he is the best buddy now cause this guy really knows how to coach a new staff. I really have faith in him in whatever he do. Somehow or rather, there are times that I felt that this guy is really amazing. He knows what he wants and will fight for it. How I wish I was like that. He also had the brain of an elephant. This guy can sure remember things ... be it good or bad.

Thinking back, we all know what and who makes him leave the s**thole. I truly understand how he felt if he were to drag on any longer. That's why, I hoped that he will just move on and leave, but again, deep down in me, I felt a sudden loss. Not just any loss, but a huge one. OMG! S**thole will never be the same again without him. Who is there to listen to my highlights of my Thailand trip? Who is there to gossip with me? Who is there for me to bully? Who is there to "kio" my "sai"? Sigh. He was like the big brother of Oscars. Everyone was so looking up on him.

They were having a farewell cum mega-gathering tonight at Oscars. Too bad, can't join as am on duty. I was so shocked when out of a sudden, the whole bunch gathered around and sang "Happy Farewell" ~~~ in happy birthday tune. The sound was shattering!!! They were suddenly in the center of the limelight! All other guests were clapping and cheering after the song. I felt so happy yet sad for that knowing that this will be his last day.

Anyway, Boy .... all the best to you. Remember this, if in future that you need any of my assistance, just give me a shout ... OK. Good Luck! Chun Kid Teung Ter

^^

4 comments:

ah fun said...

if im guessing the person correctly, then its really a great loss. he muz've been one of our best trainees while he was at FO. if u do get to see this comment, i sincerely wish u all the best in your future endeavours. congrats on leaving the s**thole! =)

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate it... thank you very much for everything... btw I am not the best, it is all part of my job... haha... Thank you ah Fun.. sorry do not have the time to bid farewell with you.. hope I can see you when doing my clearance... Take care..

Edz.. thank you for everything... All da best to you.. Keep in touch

Edz GorGor said...

Boy : Remember Tuesday hor .... dun gimme craps to turn me down again!

Fun : when i leave the s**thole ... i confirm must celebrate it the "super duper mega extravaganza" way !!! hahaha ... and of course ... you must be there
as what you said, this guy is one of the best, thats why am so fond of him ^^

LeiyA said...

Was glad to see him that day...and happy to hear that he was leaving cos it means other opportunities await him...
He IS the trainee that till now impresses me the most...cos his interest was clearly F&B but when attached at FO , he did well, in fact very well!!!
I wish u luck in ur future endeavors...keep in touch ah...